About the book
The authors tried to give a detailed description of the device of the US stock market, to make conclusions and give advice, allow to apply the received knowledge in any stock market — not only in the United States, but in Russia.
After reading this book, you will learn the history of the US stock market and its device, learn about the main participants, their goals and functions, master "military Arsenal" of financial instruments of the investor.
A large section is devoted to the practice: the fact, how to become an investor, long-term investment, active trading.
From the authors
On well-functioning stock market is based of the work of banks, insurance companies, pension and investment funds around the world; the power of giant corporations and the daily struggle for their assets. The history of wall Street — a history of the formation and development of the American economy, which is largely such, what is, it is because of the existence of a developed stock market.
This book contains comprehensive information in order, to begin your journey into the world of stock exchange investments — information about the exchanges, about, how they work, about, how to make transactions in the market and what you need to follow, on the General principles of fundamental analysis, about, where to get information for making investment decisions.
We can't promise you, that all your trades will be successful — but I can show the complexity and appeal of the world of investments, to introduce its basics, then you could gradually build their own investment strategy and trading system.
Who is this book for
This is a book for practitioners, financiers and investors.
Table of contents:
- Preface. The place and role of the stock market in the economy
- Chapter 1. The history of the stock market
- 1.1. How and why there exchanges and traders. The creation of the American exchanges
- 1.2. The formation of the American stock market. Agricultural, railway and banking crises
- 1.3. U.S. financial market and the financial magnates of the late XIX — early XX century in literature
- 1.4. A new era and the Great depression
- 1.5. The revival of stock trading
- 1.6. The first electronic trading system. Over-the-counter market and the creation of the NASDAQ
- 1.7. ECN vs traditional stock exchanges. Online trading turns stock trading
- 1.8. Crisis 2008 year and the market recovery
- 1.9. The recent history of the stock market and its prospects
- 1.10. The most famous and eccentric investors USA, the creators of business and CEO
- Chapter 2. How the financial market
- 2.1. The main financial market participants and their objectives
- 2.2. Why the need for brokers
- 2.3. The Depository and clearing organization: what it is and how it works
- 2.4. What do investment banks
- 2.5. The Federal reserve: the role and main functions
- Chapter 3. Military Arsenal of the investor: principal financial instruments
- 3.1. Stock: share in big business
- 3.2. Bonds: debts for sale
- 3.3. ETF: follow the market
- 3.4. Futures and options: next level
- 3.5. Yield, you can earn in different financial instruments
- Chapter 4. How and why stock reach the stock exchange
- 4.1. Why do companies go for an IPO
- 4.2. The procedure of placement of shares: the main stages
- 4.3. Life after the IPO: the tasks of the CEO in today's world
- 4.4. Dividends: why some companies pay, and others don't
- 4.5. How does the price of the shares after the IPO for the long term
- Chapter 5. Financial market regulation: who protects the investor
- 5.1. Financial legislation: basic principles and important points
- 5.2. SEC: basic functions and powers
- 5.3. Self-regulatory organizations and their role
- 5.4. Insurance investors
- Chapter 6. How to become an investor
- 6.1. Where to start? Setting goals and personal financial plan
- 6.2. Ways of investing: individual and collective investment
- 6.3. Work on the exchange through a broker: what you need to know
- 6.4. How to read the statements of the broker
- 6.5. How to buy and sell stocks: study trading platform
- 6.6. Orders for the purchase and sale: principal
- Chapter 7. Long-term investment in practice
- 7.1. Passive investing: a reasonable start and fundamental analysis
- 7.2. Fundamental analysis: news and events
- 7.3. Learn to read reporting companies
- 7.4. Methods of evaluation of companies: choosing the best
- Chapter 8. Active trading in practice
- 8.1. Active investor: what is important to know
- 8.2. Forming an investment portfolio: diversification and selection of instruments
- 8.3. Medium-term trading: ready to trade
- 8.4. Medium-term trade: implement invest-ideas
- 8.5. Intraday trading: how to trade intra-day
- Chapter 9. Success stories: how did they earn
- 9.1. Jesse Livermore: how to guess the trend and make everyone hate you
- 9.2. Warren Buffett: with your favorite stock — together forever
- 9.3. George Soros: otrefleksirovat it
- The investor's dictionary — basic terms
Quotes from the book
The stock market allowed people, with no serious initial capital, to obtain a share in the business and part of the generated profits or income of the price movement — that is, in the end, it is the stock market contributed to a more just and equitable distribution of wealth in society
Listing — the procedure for the selection and admission of securities to organised trading. Stock exchanges impose requirements for the amount of the Issuer, its profitability, financial indicators, the presence of the audit, history and so on. The listing is usually a few levels: the higher the level, moreover, large and reliable companies represented in it.
The UPS and downs
Do, for 120 years, since it began publishing Dow Jones, the US market experienced a total of 33 recession — about one every four years. While the stock market is always increasing and after the recessions began a phase of active growth, caused stock indices to new historic highs.
Nicolas Berggruen — billionaire bum
Founder of investment firm led a normal billionaire's life, while in 45 years realized, that happiness not in money. Having sold all movable and immovable property, Nicolas Berggruen focused on his intellectual and spiritual development. He is officially listed as homeless, travels around the world, living in hotels and rarely in the office.
Hedge funds are often referred to as predators and vultures in the stock market in their attempts to cash in on the crashes and collapses. So, one of the strategies us hedge funds — to buy up the bonds of Latin American countries, defaulted, for a song, and then through the courts to force these countries to pay the debts. In particular, such actions are hedge funds the U.S. has taken against Argentina and Peru.
Paul Allen is looking for life on Mars
Co-founder of Microsoft Corporation, earning enough money, has invested more than 30 млн долл. in a system of telescopes to detect extraterrestrial intelligence. In San Francisco installed a super-sensitive antenna, able to detect signals of intelligent beings from other planets. Billionaire sure, what 2025 year, humanity will get proof of life on Mars.
Still interesting to read:
Be the first to hear the latest news suggest you subscribe to RSS
- Dmitrii Kazantsev к записи The book is the US Stock market for beginner investors download pdf epub (Freedom Finance) download
- Vladimir Eremeev к записи The book is the US Stock market for beginner investors download pdf epub (Freedom Finance) download
- Leonid Sukharev к записи The book is the US Stock market for beginner investors download pdf epub (Freedom Finance) download
- Statistics for live show | Dаy trading on the U.S. stock exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX - stock) Blog trader. Training. Investment к записи Brokers
- Statistics for live show | Dаy trading on the U.S. stock exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX - stock) Blog trader. Training. Investment к записи Stream of transactions Day Trading on NYSE, NASDAQ — live show